Sunday 15 February 2015

Artist of the Month


I try pick an Artist a month to study with my class.



With my 1st class this year we looked at a female Artist called Frida Kahlo. 
She linked well with my theme of the month Myself as she used to paint self portraits. 
We had already covered self portraits in Art so this was building on from that lesson. 
We looked at Frida's work, how she lived to draw self portraits with animals and flowers.
 I then asked the class to draw a portrait of Frida Kahlo. 






In February my theme of the month was Famous People and Places.
In History I taught my class all about Leonardo Da Vinci and his work.
In Art then I decided we would look at the Mona Lisa.
I got my class to create a Modern Day Mona Lisa with a twist. 
The results were amazing. 
We had minecraft Mona Lisa's, Tinkerbell Mona Lisa's, Animal Mona Lisa's to name a few. 
Afterwards I used my Artist's Chair to allow the children to showcase their work and discuss it with their classmates.






We learned all about an artist who uses fruit and vegetables in his work.

His name was Gisueppe Arcimboldo. Take a look at the portraits we created based on his work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment